How to request parade participation in the YMKG Parade of Pirates
- You must submit, in writing, on organization or corporate stationery, a request for consideration for entry in the Parade, stating the name of your group or organization and how you wish to participate, i.e., float or specialty unit. Walking only units are not allowed. Parade application packets are generally sent in June or July, and applications are due back in October.
- E-mail to: email@example.com
- Mail requests to:
Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla
P. O. Box 1514
Tampa, FL 33601-1514
- Or fax to: (813) 254-1899.
If appropriate, an application for consideration to participate will be sent to you along with detailed information for all parade units. There is no guarantee that if you receive this packet you are in the parade. Final parade selection is made by the Parade Committee. All formal applicants will be notified of acceptance or rejection in writing.
- Currently, entry fees are $750 for non-commercial entrants and $1,250 for commercial entrants. This can change, but will be indicated in the application packet. The entry fee will be waived with proof (a copy of the determination from the I.R.S.) of charitable organizations 501(c)(3) status.
- Insurance requirements: Every entry must have at least ONE MILLION DOLLAR general liability and auto liability insurance and must name Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla and sponsors as additional insured. All insurance requirements will be delineated in the application packet.
- We try to hold the parade to 100 units, with a limited number of bands. Entries are approved by the Parade Committee based on “Show” and “Entertainment” Value. Unfortunately, not all entries can be accepted for parade participation.
NOTE: ALL FLOATS MUST BE PROFESSIONALLY BUILT.
Float builders are listed for your convenience.
You are not limited to using one of these float builders:
Festive Floats of Florida (813) 879-2878
Kern Studios (504) 362-8211